Polygorn Game Funding

Hello, frens and degens. I’m Cybertooth. I’ve been a member of the Charged Particles community since the early days, before the IONX launch. I’m also an ambassador/leader of the Game Guild in the CP discord. To that end, I have now designed, launched, officiated and overseen 3 original NFT card games in that role. Each game brought new members into the CP discord. Each game was enjoyed by the community members, and each game had a winner whom received IONX rewards.
This most recent game, Rogues & Ronin (a pirates vs ninjas-themed game) had 32 players at outset, many of which were new to our discord. The R&R game is now entering its final round, with only 3 players remaining. It will wrap up this week.
I have worked closely with the Creative Director and Community Manager (Mango and Danil) on these games, and by all accounts they are well-pleased with how the games have been going. (Ben Lakoff even got killed in the most recent game. So sad.) It has now come to the point where I am developing the fourth game for the Charged Particles community. As with previous games, this included designing dozens of unique NFTs, player cards, design elements and etc. For Rogues & Ronin, for example, I designed and illustrated 18 unique characters for the game, as well as additional designs. Very much time and attention to detail is put into each game, including carefully balancing the games, recruiting players, posting instructional updates, and etc. Also, all games are FREE to play for every player. Free to the point that I even send each player MATIC before the game begins to cover any potential gas transactions. Players keep all NFTs they receive, and they sell them or trade them at will.
The new game I am currently designing is called POLYGORN. This is a pet-based PvP battle game. (You may see some examples of the POLYGORN pets which have already been created in the game-lounge thread on discord.) This game will allow players to battle against one-another in bi-weekly arena combat; all with free NFTs, and all gameplay is located on the CP marketplace on Polygon network. Furthermore, POLYGORN will release a new set of unique and original monsters each month. All monsters are 1/1 creations. These POLYGORN monsters are “charged” by nesting tokens within them. And, yes, there is a special incentive to nest IONX in them and time-lock the tokens in the pet NFTs for a duration of time. So, the game is specifically designed to bring new people into the CP community each month, and to incentivize such people to both obtain and HODL IONX for periods of time. This is, of course, by design.
What I am asking for with this particular proposal is a small grant. The grant is meant to reimburse me for time spent designing and deploying the early aspects of the game, including the first 12 POLYGORN pets, and the first several PvP combat brackets. Remember, I GIVE these NFTs away for free to the players, as this game is meant to bring people in to the community and show them the benefits of the marketplace. I’m requesting a grant of $3K USD, payable in ETH, IONX, MATIC, what-have-you, to compensate me for the time put in on developing this first pet drop and the accompanying gameplay elements. Thank you.

7 Likes

These games that you create are incredible interactive use cases for the protocol and strong community building events. I’d be happy to see this grant approved.

4 Likes

Love this. Very excited to see POLYGORN evolve as a new game built using charged particles and especially excited to see the integration of hodling IONX emerge in the gameplay.

(Love it, even though I was killed in the last game in round 1).

I’m fine with moving this to snapshot assuming we don’t have any pushback here!

4 Likes

Considering the success of the first 3 games I think it’s safe to say these community games are a provably wonderful addition to the Gaming Guild and the overall Charged Particles community. Would love to see this grant passed!

2 Likes

All for this! Love to see the new art every time I stop by the gaming guild channel.

2 Likes

I would absolutely support this. Staple to the community, dedicated, creative, and a huge value add.

I vote we move this on to voting on Snapshot :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see more of these games and would love to come up with some creative ways to incentivize these even more.

2 Likes

Positive temperature reading. Let’s move this to Snapshot!

1 Like

I will be happy to vote on this! I have really enjoyed playing these games!

Since DAO is picking up I have moved all my IONX from CEX to zelani.eth… Waiting for proposals to vote!!

1 Like